adhitz

Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Wonderful Sunflowers







My new project this spring was to grow some giant sunflowers. I must say I did a rather smashing job. It took a lot of hard work but it was well worth it. Those suckers take a lot of water. My husband and I almost figured that out too late. When they don't have enough water their leaves droop like they are really tired.



However, when we got the water mix just right this is what happened. Wonderful, beautiful sunflowers. All the pictures I took are at the shown My Space page. They look really great.


I started the seeds in little starter pots. After they got a couple of inches tall I them in the ground.
Some of the flowers got over 10 feet tall. Those were the giants. The other flowers, they hybrids, only got a few feet tall. Those were the prettiest with all the different colors.
Oh well, those flowers are all drying up now. However, I do have lots and lots of seeds for next year.


No comments: