adhitz

Monday, August 4, 2008

Television In My Home

Lately I've been really upset with my cable company. They took away 5 stations in one fail swoop. Oh! Excuse me! They didn't take them away, the stations are now digital and the only way to receive them is with a digital receiver. After much fanfare we finally got a digital receiver. Wait, what do I hear? My VCR not recording the digital stations that were made digital with no warning to their customers.

So more fighting with the cable company and we get a DVR. We still can't record using the VCR but the DVR can record two stations at a time and I can watch them when I get home from work at night.

The cable company kept saying that their customers will have to get a digital receiver to get any stations after the "big" digital conversion in Feb. '09. According to the Watchdog in our local newspaper that information is incorrect. Supposedly when the conversion happens the cable company will change the signal back to analog so our older model televisions can get the signal. That begs to ask: How many stations is the cable company going to convert? Those who don't have digital receivers may only get a few stations. Something to think about, isn't it?

No comments: