adhitz

Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Turtle Story

One night as I was falling asleep this twilight story came to me. It's about a young turtle who is curious about why he must always wear a shell. The shell is hot and itchy. He just wants to feel the air on his skin once. He wants to feel the wide open spaces of his life.



So the young turtle goes to the grandfather turtle to ask why he must always wear his shell.

Grandfather turtle has a very hard shell. It is dry and crusty. There are nicks in his shell but none have ever penetrated it. The young turtle approaches his grandfather and asks; "Why must I always wear my shell? It is hot and itchy. I want to feel the open air and experience life and all it has to offer on my skin.



Grandfather turtle shakes his mighty head. He dips his head low close to the young turtle's face and he says: "Young turtle, if you go out into the world without your shell you will look like your sisters and brethen on the highway of life. You will be totally and completely squashed! "



mlh8087

No comments: